Website JGD & Associates
JGD & Associates, a leading San Diego CPA Firm, is looking for an experienced Tax Manager with 7-10 years of experience.
At JGD, we are proud to invest in our team of professionals with a comprehensive and competitive compensation package. We want you to be motivated in your professional life and supported in your personal life. We want to partner with you to build your technical skills. We want you to make a name for yourself at JGD. We pride ourselves on a company culture where our teams develop strong connections and meaningful relationships.
- Competitive Compensation Package
- 12 paid holidays (Closed week of Thanksgiving)
- 12 Days of PTO
- Generous benefits which include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- Profit Sharing
JGD is a great Firm where you won’t be just another number – or just another face in the office. Excellent partner-to-staff ratios contribute to an environment filled with daily learning and mentoring opportunities. Your hard work at JGD will be noticed and valued.
- Review complex tax returns, including multi-state returns for Partnerships, Individuals, S Corporations, C Corporations, Estates and Trusts
- Technical research
- Analyze the scope of each engagement to manage schedules, budgets, and deadlines
- Monitor compliance with due dates and within time budgets
- Supervision, assign duties and training staff
- Mentor and coach staff members in their development
- Supervise numerous engagements simultaneously
- Direct interaction with Partners and Clients
- Ability to play a key role in business development by generating leads, expanding client services and networking in the community
- Recent and significant experience as a manager in public accounting firm
- Responsible for billing
- Respond to inquiries from the IRS, state, and other tax authorities
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 7 to 10 years of recent experience in tax and accounting
- CPA License
- Master’s degree in Taxation is preferred
- Proficient in corporate, individual and partnership taxation
- Previous experience supervising and training staff
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational techniques are required
- Broad-based tax experience with excellent research skills
- Ability to delegate work as needed
- Capable of effectively developing and maintaining client relationships
- Capacity to work well in a team environment
- Pro System FX experience a plus
Respond to this opportunity by sending your cover letter, resume and salary history to email@example.com. Please include “Tax Manager” in the email subject line.
JGD & Associates LLP is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org